What is a Mental Diet?
A mental diet is a tool that involves monitoring and observing your thoughts continuously. The concept of mental diet comes from the teachings of Neville Goddard and Emmett Foxx. The main goal of a mental diet is to replace negative thoughts and internal conversations with positive and helpful ones that support your life goals.
How Mental Diet and the Law of Attraction Work Together
Mental diet and the Law of Attraction go hand in hand. The Law of Attraction states that you attract in your life what you focus on, and the mental diet helps you focus on thoughts that support your manifestation journey. For example, if you want to manifest a new job through the Law of Attraction, it's best to think of positive and happy thoughts to help you achieve that goal as quickly as possible. A mental diet will help you clear your mind of negative internal dialogue, making it easier for you to maintain a positive attitude and stay in high vibrations.
How to Do a Mental Diet
To start a mental diet, you need to recognize why you want to do it. If your goal is to be more positive and maintain a good mood, follow these steps:
- Practice meditation: Becoming more observant of your thoughts can be achieved by incorporating a daily meditation practice into your routine. Just 10 minutes of daily meditation will help you become more aware of what's going on in your head.
- Monitor your thoughts and inner conversations: Pay attention to the thoughts and internal conversations that occur in your head throughout the day. A good way to gauge if these thoughts are positive or negative is to check your mood. If you're in a good mood, your inner chatter is likely harmless, but if you're in a bad mood, check the thought that triggered it.
- Replace negative thoughts with positive ones: When you catch a negative thought that ruined your mood, it's time to replace it with something positive. Replace the negative thought with a better feeling thought or repeat positive affirmations that will make you feel better.
If you're trying to manifest a specific goal, follow the above steps, but also:
- Create internal conversations in your head that show that you have manifested your desire. For example, if you're trying to manifest a job, imagine having a conversation with someone close who is congratulating you for your success. Imagine the conversation as vividly as possible and feel happy and excited as if you already have the job you desire. Repeat this mental conversation in your head as many times as possible until it feels very real to you.
Mental Diet Success Stories
In a 1955 lecture about mental diets, Neville Goddard told the story of a young woman who was frustrated with her employer. She felt unvalued and disrespected, which made her agitated towards her work and her boss. When she came to Neville with this problem, he asked if she fought with her employer all day in her head and if she only thought of negative thoughts about her. The woman answered affirmatively. Neville then advised her to change the tone of her inner conversations and think more positively about her employer for a few days. She followed his advice, and as a result, her employer became more patient, respectful, and understanding. This story is proof that our outer world is a reflection of our inner world and that changing our internal conversations can change our outer reality.
To read the book where Neville Goddard shares this story, click here.
Benefits of a Mental Diet
A mental diet, also known as mental fasting or mental clarity, involves being mindful of the thoughts you allow into your mind and actively choosing to focus on positive, uplifting ones. This practice can bring about a wealth of benefits for your mental and emotional well-being.
- Increased self-awareness and emotional well-being: By paying close attention to your thoughts and emotions, you can gain a deeper understanding of yourself and the root causes of any negative feelings or habits. This self-awareness can help you identify and change unhelpful patterns, leading to improved emotional well-being and reduced stress.
- Improved mood: By focusing on positive thoughts, your brain releases feel-good chemicals, such as serotonin and dopamine, which can boost your mood and improve your overall outlook on life. This can help counteract feelings of sadness, anxiety, or depression, promoting better mental health.
- Raised vibrations for faster manifestation: It is scientifically shown thoughts and emotions have a vibration, and that by focusing on positive ones, you can raise your vibration and attract positive experiences into your life. This is the principle behind the law of attraction and is central to many personal development and spiritual practices.
- Getting rid of the "monkey mind": The "monkey mind" refers to the constant chatter and distractions in our minds that can prevent us from staying focused and present in the moment. By following a mental diet, you can train your mind to focus on positive thoughts and quiet the distractions, resulting in increased mindfulness and reduced stress.
- Increased mindfulness: By being mindful of your thoughts and emotions, you become more aware of the present moment, improving your ability to stay focused and present. This can help you experience life more fully and feel a deeper connection to the world around you, leading to increased happiness and satisfaction.
Start Your Mental Diet Today
In conclusion, a mental diet is a powerful tool for improving your mental and emotional well-being. By taking control of your thoughts and focusing on positive, empowering ones, you can reap a multitude of benefits that can improve your life in many ways, from manifesting a better job to achieving a healthier body.
If you're interested in seeing more manifestation method, click here.